Sunday, June 15, 2008

TEH BLONDENINGGG

Okay so I had this really really dumb idea to dye my hair this colour:
Photobucket

Actually, it was more of my hairdresser's idea. She suggested it and I laughed it off (she was joking at first) then when I went in a few days after my last colour to show her how much it had washed off (sadface) she was like "let's do it - let's go blonde" and I thought she was joking but she was DEADLY SERIOUS. For you see, bloggers, my hair is quite dark now and has always been, and has had quite a number of dark colours on it which will take some lifting I think. So we booked it in for Monday (tomorrow, this was on Thursday) and I went and got some artificial colour lifter stuff from Priceline and some Head & Shoulders which is excellent for getting rid of unwanted colour - I swear it works really well. The colour stripper stuff also worked a treat - I couldn't believe how effective it was! It took, probably, 90% of the colour both from the blonde foils and my all-over colour to leave this really awful mud-and-blondey colour. Fairly horrendous!

It will be interesting to see what colour it comes out as. I told Sommer (my hairdresser - yep that is her real name) if it is not the exact blonde I have in mind or something incredibly close to it then I want it dyed back to a real firey red which will be easy to achieve with my hair being so light. Something like this:
Photobucket

I want to dye Reece's hair some rad colour but he won't let me. Because he is mean.

The end.

2 comments:

cormac said...

Hold on, I'm having flash backs to Kelly street. Didn't you try this with Alex or Susanna once before?

latentink said...

Yeah but I did it myself which was an incredibly bad idea and did not work really at all. Hairdressers ftw.