Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Mah herbz (the legal kind, of course).

Sooooooo on my third and hopefully final attempt at growing herbs I have finally succeeded. That is until Atlas discovers that there is something I like and cherish and am proud of that he has not destroyed and rectifies the situation.

I planted:

POT 1 (Mediterranean type):
Rosemary (my favourite)
Thyme
Oregano



These require not as much water, better drainage and loooots of sun so they are together in the sunniest spot and I only water them once every 2 days, if that.

POT 2 (Less hardy, more water-loving herbs):
Dill
Sweet Basil
Coriander



POT 3:
"Tiny Tom" cherry tomatoes



When I first got this plant about 3 weeks ago, it was about 10 inches high. It has grown so ridiculously fast and so well, even Reece was shocked and impressed at its tenacity! It now has a teeny, tiny little beginning of a fruit on it *dances with excitement*!

You can also see Lavender in this pic, at the lower edge of the photo.

POT 4:
Garden mint



This one has been the most impressive of all, IMO. It has fucking EXPLODED. I can almost see it growing before my very eyes, and it has the most ENORMOUS leaves. Again this is one that even Reece was mind-boggled over. It started out as these poky little seedlings, soo tiny, maybe like 5cm high and that was 3-4 weeks ago. I have this and the tomatoes in self watering pots because they love lots of water (mint has been known to grow best underneath a dripping tap) and they have just gone off the Richter. I am going to pick some mint and make some mad cocktails at the Harley Club on Friday, I think.

New ink on Friday, but I am almost considering not getting anything done because Shae has screwed us around and we can't go 'til like 3pm instead of 11am which means we won't get back until like 7, knowing how much screwing around Shae does. Argh! I'll see what happens anyway. Soph's is gonna be short and sweet so it won't matter if we don't leave 'til 5 or so I suppose.

Thanks for tolerating this incredibly boring post!

No comments: